Do you work remotely? Are you considering working from home. I’ve compiled some pros and cons you may not have considered.
- You get to work from home!
- Live anywhere in the world
- Avoid the rush hour traffic
- Allows for flexibility that can improve your work/life balance
- Ideal for those want stay home to take care of children and/or pets
- You may not have the extra space in your home to dedicate a home office
- It might be harder to focus, especially if you have pets and/or children at home distracting you
- Less productivity, more time surfing the web and browsing social media sites
- It is a short walk to the kitchen, you might end up eating more snacks, than if you were in the office
- The isolation might make you a bit lonely, and you could miss out on the office camaraderie
- You might see a slight increase in your utilities from using more lights, the heater, & water